1. Motorcycles cause much crashesMotorcycles are less in number when compared to the trucks and cars on the road, but Motorcycles cause much crashes when compared to other vehicles on the road.
2. Motorcycle may look farther away than it isIt may be a difficult task for truck drivers to predict the speed of a motorcycle. Hence, truck drivers should always predict that a motorcycle is closer than it looks.
3. Motorcycle can be easily hiddenMotorcycle can be easily hidden in a car's blind spots. Truck drivers should carefully check traffic before changing lanes or turning at intersections.
4. Do not follow too closelySometimes motorcycles may slow down by downshifting or by rolling off the throttle without even activating the brake light. Hence, try to give at least 10m gap between the following vehicles to avoid crashes.
5. Major cause for accidentsMotorcyclist may slow down or do turns without giving indication lights which also acts as a major cause for accidents.
6. Do not blindly follow turn signalsTurn signals are not self-canceling in motorcycles; some may forget to switch it off and on. Before following a motorist’s turn signal check whether it’s real or not.
7. Be alert in LanesMotorcyclists often adjust position within a lane; try to be more cautious during such times because they may come out of the lane any time.
8. Consider Motorcycles as a PedestrianWhen a motorcycle is in motion, don't consider it as a motorcycle; assume it like a pedestrian (person walking on the road).
Get to know more about Car Accidents-reasons and their measures from aaat.com. We specialize in car shipping since 1964.