Get to know Advance Information about the AircraftTravelers with disabilities must be given information regarding the facilities and services available to them. Such information includes:
Location of seats with movable aisle armrests and any seats which the carrier does not make available to an individual with a disability;
Any limitations on the availability of storage facilities in the cabin or in the cargo bay for mobility aids;
Comparable services should be provided for hearing-impaired individuals, utilizing telecommunications devices for the deaf (TDDs), or text telephones (TTs).
The response time for answering such calls is the same as the response time available to the general public.
When Advance Notice Can Be RequiredIf the person with disability is planning to opt for the services given below; then carriers may require up to 48 hours advance notice and one hour advance check-in from a person.
- Transportation for an electric wheelchair on an aircraft with fewer than 60 seats;
- Accommodations for 10 or more passengers with disabilities who travel as a group;
- Provision for the battery of a wheelchair, assistive device, on-board wheelchair;
- Medical oxygen for use on board the aircraft;
- Carriage of an incubator;
- Hook-up for a respirator to the aircraft's electrical supply;