Technology makes it possible for people to gain control over everything, except over technology” these quotes of John Tudor seems to be true and day by day many new technologies have been introduced and it has not left any field. Car, one of the most frequent mode of transportation used by people but when considering the expense for its fuel, it seems to be expensive. Government and many organizations are asking to reduce the rate of pollution and fuel consumption. And today in this article, let us see the five best fuel saving techniques.
- It is a known fact that valves control the flow of air and fuel and the opening and moving of valves affect engine efficiency. If your car has variable valve timing and lift, then it is sure that you can see a potential efficiency improvement of 5%
- The engine cylinders need to be deactivated when they are not in use and the cylinder de-activation technology saves fuel by deactivating the cylinders. By using this technology, you can get an average efficiency increase up to 7.5%
- More the engine size, more the consumption of fuel and without sacrificing any performance, use smaller engines that generates extra power by using turbo charger and super charger fans that generates extra power by compressing air and fuel into the cylinders. It also gives you the potential efficiency of 7.5%
- By injecting the fuel directly, you can precisely control the fuel mist and through direct fuel injection method, you can get higher compression ratio with efficient fuel intake. Through this method, you can get a potential fuel efficiency of 12%
- Automatic restarting turn of engines is essential needed and through integrated starter/generator, you can stop wasting fuel for idling.