If you hold a current licence and have complied with the minimum driving experience for the class of licence being sought, you may drive a motor vehicle of that class without a learner's permit under the following conditions.Drivers
- Must not drive while there is any alcohol present in their blood or the presence of THC (Cannabis), Methylamphetamine (Speed) or MDMA (Ecstasy) in their blood or oral fluid.
- Must carry their current licence while driving.
- Must display 'L' plates to the front and rear of the vehicle they are driving.Must be accompanied by a passenger who holds a Driver's Licence (not being a provisional licence) for that class of vehicle.
- Must not exceed any speed limit by more than 10 km/h. (Exceeding any speed limit is an offence under the Road Traffic Act).
- Must not exceed 80 km/h (or 100 km/h if accompanied by a Motor Driving Instructor in a clearly marked driving school vehicle fitted with dual service brake controls) in areas where the speed is permitted.